Monday, August 27, 2012

Hair


So before I embark in a journey that might take me several unplanned hours, I would like some feedback on Larry's hair style. I felt like when I textured his hair with a simple diffuse (color) map, it felt too much like a melted chocolate chip on his head. So I sculpted this and exported it as a normal map (so its not actual geometry, its like a xyz bump map)- but I'm having issues- So I want to know what the final design for his hair should be- It can't be how it is now because it doesn't feel like hair. Is this too complex? Should we go for more Estefan like hair where its just a few stripes bumping out and painted on? Or more like actual strands of hair?

I apologize for not being done. I should be... I will be... Soon. Very soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment