Monday, August 6, 2012

Larry's Clothes






After many countless hours of learning what not to do with texturing fabric, I think I'm finally figuring it out. I thought I did things okay and just when I thought I was done I stumbled upon some cool shading tips in maya and I started all over, haha, just like always. I still am trying to do some things with his suit coat so that the lines criss cross, I had them like that before, but then I tried this other method and this is as far as I got. I'm still solving this issue- but I think it looks okay right now. The renders are high res but not the right settings, so thats why theres some artifacting and aliasing happening. Lighting obviously is awful. This week I'll be finishing Larry's skin- I've never done skin before so this should be fun. Any feedback from you guys? Tear it apart.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! So awesome man! It's so great. I know nothing about shading or texturing, so I don't have much advice besides keep it up! Can't wait to see his skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fan...freakin'....tastic. Personally, I'd just like to see the suit and pants have a little bit more of a reflective quality. A sheen I guess? But I've seen a bazillion suits that are like that, so I guess it just comes down to preference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright. I made the spec way low so I can raise it back up if you think it'd be better shinier. I'll update that. thanks.

      Delete