Saturday, August 25, 2012

Larry Almost Finished



The old saying of 80% of the work is done in 20% of the time, and the last 20% of the work is done in 80% of the time is so true when it comes to shading. Rendertime is what kills it with subsurface, it takes 10 minutes on some renders with the quality up. Alright so his hair and teeth have yet to be reckoned with. I have done a few versions of the hair but haven't liked any of it so I'm starting over again. What color should the glasses be? I made his eyes green, what do you think? Oh and I did make his iris's smaller than this- it will be in the next render I put up. I hoped to have been done by now- For sure I'll have a final product by the first day of classes. :)

80% of texturing will be done by Aug 30, with a few leftovers to be had as we finalize a few other things in the film.

3 comments:

  1. I'm wondering, have you tested out all the blend shapes with the textures now on it?
    By the way, this is looking awesome. I think I liked the blue eyes though, and in my opinion, the skin around his eyes seems a little dark. But MAN this is so cool. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tested out the blendshapes yet. Hopefully theres not too much stretching. Yeah now that you point that out around his eyes... I'll check it out. Give him a makeup job to bring out his eyes haha

      Delete
  2. Go blue or brown Garrett. As for the glasses, make 'em just plain ol' black. They'll show up better.

    ReplyDelete