Friday, August 10, 2012

The Fountain

Hey everyone. As you can see from the storyboards, there's a shot involving a large fountain in the center of our mall area in our Central Park-esque park. Now then...if someone WANTS to model it in 3D, I'll design it and post it up. IF that happens, I think it'd be really cool to have it actually move water. I don't know a darn thing about visual effects and making running water in Maya, but I think it'd be really cool and one more thing to add to that demo reel.

If no one wants to do the fountain, it'll become a matte painting like the background...so no worries. I'm just wondering what y'all thought...

5 comments:

  1. We could do that pretty easily I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do you guys want to do the fountain? Do you need help with the modeling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Jedi is gonna model it for us, thanks man.

      Delete
  3. i say definitely model the fountain and when you guys get back to school, garret can apply his houdini skills and make the fountain spout, it shouldnt be too hard after doing a water fall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Straight up! Haha. Yeah I think the fountain should be a piece of cake, just shot out a stream of 100s of particles with a gravity node and you've got a fountain. Or I guess we could do flip fluids which would be super easy as well.

      Delete